I’m hoping this study was flawed in some way. Because this is a shocking statistic right here . . .
A new survey asked parents who also have pets which one they prefer . . . their pet, or their kid. And 34% said they like their PET more.
78% said their pet is like part of the family. And 67% said their pet is their best friend. Here are the top ten signs you’re too obsessed with your pet . . .
- They have their own social media account. 44% of pet owners said it’s over the top.
- You’ve thrown them a birthday party.
- You buy them a lot of clothes or accessories.
- You’d spend more on a special meal for them than you would for yourself.
- They sleep in bed with you most nights.
- You’ve worn matching outfits before.
- You’ve turned down an invitation, because your pet couldn’t come with you.
- You have more photos of your pet on your phone than any human being.
- You’ve taken them to a pet spa.
- You call them your “child” or your “baby.”