Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler…
Fun (and not-so-fun) facts:
- As of 2022, there are 197,163 individual fast-food restaurants in the U.S.
- In 1959, the U.S. State Department issued guidelines and suggestions for anyone who was going to Nepal to search for the Yeti.
- If you hold your key fob up to your chin, it increases the range to lock or unlock your car. Why? Because the fluids in your head act as a conductor that make it more powerful.
- “Jaws” was the first major movie to film in the ocean. Up until then, water scenes were always filmed in lakes or on sets.
- Mike Myersthreatened to quit “Wayne’s World” because the producers wanted to use a Guns N’ Roses song in the famous car headbanging scene instead of “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
Strange and trending news:
- Today isRedhead Appreciation Day.
- A woman in the U.K. was arrested after she drunkenly drove down a walkway thinking it was a road . . . and then crashed into a bus stop. She later told police that her DOG Lily was driving. Lily probably could’ve done better. (Full Story)
- Some people are apparently using Instagram’s “Close Friends” feature . . . to arrange one-night stands? (Full Story)
- In a couple of new polls, 52% of people say they remember their dreams on a regular basis, while 14% say they almost never do. And 35% of people say they regularly have LUCID dreams, while 25% say they almost never do.
- On average, Americans spend 26% of their income on rent. But it’s MORE in bigger cities. For example, it’s up to 47% in Miami. (Full Story)
- A woman broke a pay-it-forward string at Starbucks, and she said she APPRECIATED the free coffee and sandwich, but she stopped the chain . . . because it “defeats the purpose” of the nice gesture if she feels shamed into helping someone else. (Full Story)
- Remember the $1.3 BILLION Mega Millions jackpot from July? Well, it was claimed by two anonymous people who had agreed to split the prize if they won. They took the “lump sum” option of $780.5 million, before taxes. (Full Story)
- America’s second favorite vegetable is the tomato. Which is a fruit. (Full Story)