Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Bedbugs are almost 100 million years old . . . which means they were around at the same time as dinosaurs.
– Disney planned on building their second park in St. Louis, not Orlando. They developed a park in the 1960s called “Walt Disney’s Riverfront Square” . . . but it wound up falling through.
– Only two states have both Hardee’s and Carl’s Jr.: Wyoming and Oklahoma.
– Tim Burton considered casting Bill Murray as Batman instead of Michael Keaton.
– 60% of all the Christmas decorations in the world are made in factories in one town in China. (It’s a place called Yiwu . . . pronounced Eee-ooh.)
Strange and trending news:
– Only 55% of Americans know the real meaning of Memorial Day, according to a new survey . . . it’s a holiday honoring Americans who died while serving. 27% thought it was a day honoring all military veterans, both living and dead. (Full Story)
– A new study found that Friday commutes have the most fatal car accidents. There are 17% more deaths during Friday commutes than during Monday commutes . . . and a big reason is there are more drunk drivers on Friday. (Full Story)
– Tomorrow is National Wine Day. And a new survey found Americans drink an average of four glasses of wine a week . . . and the main reason we DON’T drink a glass of wine after work or with dinner is because we don’t want to open a new bottle. (Full Story)
– The majority of Americans call themselves FOODIES, according to a new survey. And the top foods we want to try but haven’t include kelp . . . goat . . . rolled ice cream . . . foods infused with CBD . . . and avocado toast. (Full Story)
– A survey found the five worst things you can do on a first date are using your phone too much . . . not looking like your online dating profile pic . . . chewing too loudly . . . talking too much without asking questions . . . and showing up late. (Full Story)
– Amazon is developing a new wearable device that can detect your EMOTIONAL STATE . . . by listening to your voice and figuring out how you’re feeling. It’s being tested right now, and there’s no word on when it could go on sale. (Full Story)
– Pornhub just announced they’re selling a new product for men called the . . . Bonerless Bathing Suit. It’s a bathing suit that’s designed to hold down and hide your junk when you get too excited. If you want one, they cost $69.69 at Bonerless.com. (Full Story)
– Tourists in Scotland are doing a tough hike to see a piece of driftwood that looks just like . . . a naked lady. It’s a four-mile hike each way to see it . . . but totally worth it. (Full Story)
– A guy in Massachusetts came home last week and found someone had broken into his house. But they didn’t take anything . . . they CLEANED the place. His theory is it’s a cleaning crew that went to the wrong house, but he still feels like it’s creepy. (Full Story)
– A drunk wedding crasher in Florida got arrested on Monday after he stumbled onto the dance floor . . . and tried to cut in on the couple’s first dance. (Full Story)
– A guy got a flat tire at a Chick-fil-A drive-thru in Tennessee earlier this month. So two employees brought out a hydraulic jack and changed his tire for him. Then they replaced his food after it got cold and tossed in some free cookies. (Full Story)