FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – The date for the 6th Annual Race for The Warrior (R4TW) has been changed from Saturday, April 25 to Saturday, Aug. 1, based on the Back on Track plan prescribed for the state by Gov. Eric Holcomb.
This 5k/10k run/walk/roll traverses the runway at Fort Wayne International Airport. The event is the NIBCC’s main fundraiser for the year, with proceeds benefitting the Military Support Fund, a program that awards grants to military families experiencing financial emergencies. Organizers say the pandemic and its respective shutdown will have lasting effects for the military community, making the need for this fundraiser greater now more than ever.
“We take our responsibility seriously to our supporters and Race for the Warrior participants to err on the side of safety as we prepare for this year’s race,” said Patrick Dooley, NIBCC president. “The committee set a commitment to conduct Race for the Warrior while observing CDC and State of Indiana COVID-19 guidelines, or not conduct the race. Tremendous planning has been put into race setup and operations to meet, and in some cases exceed, the guidelines to create a safer race that still has the fun of past events.”
Even with these protocols, it is important for participants to recognize that there are inherent risks in any public event or gathering.
Our COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocols include:
• Extra cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the event area
• Requiring all participants and volunteers to wear face coverings or masks at all time except when eating, drinking or running the race after crossing the starting line
• Hand sanitizing stations throughout the event area and on the racecourse
• Temperature checks when entering the event area
• Social distancing markers at registration, the race start-que area and at food and beverage lines
• Extra restroom facilities with sanitation stations immediately available
To register or to get more information, click here.