FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – Fort Wayne Police say that two men are in custody after an incident that concluded at the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo.
Just after 1 p.m., detectives of the Gang and Violent Crimes Units were investigating after two cars were found to have been chasing each other while exchanging gunfire in the area of Wells Street and Fernhill Avenue. One of the vehicles struck a telephone pole in the 3400 block of Wells Street and the two suspects fled into the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo. Zoo officials assisted in evacuating certain areas and both Fox and Clark were apprehended inside of the zoo.
ARRESTED: Matthew Thomas Fox Jr.
1. Leaving the Scene of a Property Damage Accident
2. Criminal Trespass
3. Disorderly Conduct
4. Carrying a Handgun without a License – Level 5 Felony
5. Criminal Recklessness – Level 5 Felony (shooting a firearm)
Jontra Lynn Clark
1. Criminal Trespass
2. Disorderly Conduct
3. Carrying a Handgun without a License – Misdemeanor
4. Criminal Recklessness – Level 5 Felony (shooting a firearm)
Travis William Ladd
1. Carrying a Handgun without a License – Misdemeanor
2. Criminal Recklessness – Level 5 Felony (shooting a firearm)
Evidence recovered during this investigation includes:
1. Ruger EC9s 9MM semi-automatic
2. Taurus PT111 9MM semi-automatic
3. 19.9 grams of crystal methamphetamine
4. 4 grams of marijuana
5. 4 hydrocodone pills
6. 4 digital scales
7. Several ceramic smoking devices
This investigation is still on-going.