FORT WAYNE, Ind. (ADAMS) – Here are some fun facts to help get you through the day and look like the most informed person at the water cooler.
– Almost one in four Uber drivers in the U.S. are over 50.
– The most common noun in the English language is “time.” The runners-up are “person,” “year,” “way,” and “day.”
– There were Olympic medals for architecture from 1912 to 1948.
– Potatoes were illegal in France from 1748 to 1772 because the government thought they were poisonous.
– Gonorrhea is the strongest creature alive. It can pull 100,000 times its body weight.
Strange and trending news:
– Taking naps is actually really good for your HEART, according to a new study. Researchers found that people who took one or two naps a week had a lower risk of heart disease and strokes . . . mainly because it helped them catch up on the sleep they aren’t getting at night. (Full Story)
– A new study found that smelling the scent of lemon makes you feel slimmer, even though it doesn’t actually make you lose weight. And the scent of vanilla does the opposite. It makes you feel heavier and more out of shape. (Full Story)
– A new survey asked parents what toys they played with as a kid that their kids also play with today. And the top answers are: Play-Doh . . . Mr. Potato Head . . . troll dolls . . . and My Little Pony. (Full Story)
– Back in January, a designer created asymmetrical jeans . . . they had one wide leg that flared like a bell bottom, and one leg that was tight and tapered like a skinny jean. Well, they’re now on sale at Neiman Marcus for $462-per-pair. (Full Story)
Ugh, no. https://t.co/SugB5xnHJ9
— Jill Lambert (@JillLambert1217) September 7, 2019
– The new, trendy selfie pose is the “CHIN SHELF.” It’s pretty simple: You just put one finger underneath your chin as you take the picture. (Full Story)
— The Scottish Sun (@ScottishSun) September 5, 2019
– An annual study that ranks the happiest states in America put Hawaii at #1 again, followed by Utah, Minnesota, California, and New Jersey. The least happy states are West Virginia, Arkansas, Alaska, Mississippi, and Louisiana. (Full Story)
– Wendy’s is finally getting into the fast food breakfast game. Right now, they serve breakfast items at about 300 locations . . . and they’re taking it nationwide next year. (Full Story)
— IndyStar (@indystar) September 10, 2019
– A woman in Canada recently posted a screenshot of how a guy rejected her on Tinder. She wrote that she liked charcuterie in her profile and he said, quote, “I don’t think I am ready for that.” (Full Story)
the boys in germany are different pic.twitter.com/2tZJilMhgr
— Danielle Betsy (@sistersome) September 5, 2019
– 16% of people say they’re sleeping on a mattress they got for FREE, according to a new survey. And overall, 82% of people are sleeping on a mattress that cost less than $500. (Full Story)
– A woman was staying at a motel in Florida with her wife this weekend, and her wife took her normal side of the bed. She was so upset that she KICKED and HIT her wife over it . . . and she was arrested for domestic battery. (Full Story)
– A kid who loves the University of Tennessee recently made his own t-shirt with a hand-drawn logo and got bullied for it at school. Now the university is using the logo on REAL shirts and donating some of the money to an anti-bullying charity. (Full Story)
Share in a Florida elementary student's Volunteer pride by wearing his design on your shirt too! Pre-order today for a late September expected delivery. A portion of proceeds from every shirt sold will be donated to @STOMPOutBullyng .https://t.co/NdnTtYREFL pic.twitter.com/OeTZvgC09Y
— VolShop (@UTVolShop) September 6, 2019