Our favorite entertainers and celebrities are busy these days. Good thing they leave nothing back on social media. Here’s what they’re up to today…
1. Ryan Reynolds put together an “Unsolved Mysteries” spoof to address the uncertainty surrounding a possible third “Deadpool” movie.
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) July 28, 2020
It has a “leak” theme because he shared it on Tuesday . . . the anniversary of the original movie’s test footage leak. He said, quote, “It’s why the next ‘Deadpool’ film is taking so long. Still trying to solve this. Happy #Leakaversary.”
2. Jennifer Garner posted an amusing video where she’s making cornbread . . . and calls her mother to help her. At one point, her mom says, quote, “I’ve never used olive oil. Oklahoma farmers are NOT Italian.” (Here’s video. It’s also funny how exasperated she gets when Jennifer doesn’t have buttermilk.)
View this post on Instagram
I call my mom every time I make cornbread—even though I’ve written the recipe in every notebook, even though I am sure I could toss it together in my sleep. Maybe watching this will show you why, perhaps, I just like to call my mom. ♥️ This cornbread takes no time at all, is incredibly forgiving, and is an every other day staple at my house: perfect to fill in a dinner, perfect for a snack, perfect for breakfast. Plus, it tastes like home. I hope you love it as much as I do. ♥️ . Grandmom’s Cornbread, by Patricia English Garner Ingredients: 2 Tbsp oil 3/4 cup cornmeal 1/4 cup flour 1 rounded tsp baking powder 1/4 rounded tsp baking soda 1 Tbsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt 1 egg 1 cup buttermilk . Directions: 1. Set oven to 450 degrees. Pour oil into a heavy skillet and put that in the oven. 2. Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a bowl. 3. Add egg to the mixture and enough buttermilk until the batter is thinner than pancake batter. 4. VERY carefully take the skillet out of the oven and pour oil into batter. 5. Mix the batter and pour it into the hot skillet. 6. Return to the oven and bake. Watch carefully after 10 minutes, until brown. 7. Mom says eat with butter. 8. Yum.
3. Not everyone made light of Megan Thee Stallion’s shooting like 50 Cent. Rihanna sent her flowers and a card wishing her a “speedy recovery.” And Lizzo sent her a thoughtful care package. (There’s PROFANITY in the video.)
Beyoncé also sent flowers . . . but that might have been a nod to “Savage” surpassing 3 million in sales in the U.S. Beyoncé was on the remix.
4. Billie Eilish is teasing a new song called “My Future”. The full track is coming out sometime today.
5. Cole Sprouse is back on social media after taking a month off for a “mental health break.” He says he’ll be “more active soon,” and added that people should consider the current state of our health care system when voting this November.
View this post on Instagram
Thinking back on Tulum. Know I’ve been off of social media for a while. Decided to take a much needed mental health break. I’ve never been the most active user of social media, but even the minor amount I had been engaging during quarantine had become a bit too taxing. Work is slowly beginning to pick back up within a new normal. And as someone who has only ever really known work their entire life, I found that I’m best on a schedule. Knowing when to step away like I did in college, and when to re-engage is a fundamental skill for any young performer. Take your breaks. Mental and physical health always come first. In time we’ll all be able to see more clearly what this pandemic actually is- a massive global trauma. The effects of which have, in no small way, been encouraged tremendously by the failings of the US. We’re in the midst of a huge election, and I encourage everyone here in the United States to deeply consider our “modern” medical health care system. I’ll be more active soon my sweet little babies~